SERVICES WE OFFER
Bloom Therapeutic recreation and Fitness aims to help all of our clients live the healthiest lives they can. We offer the experience, guidance and positive reinforcement you need to reach your personal goals. Take a look at some of the services we offer, and please get in touch if you have any questions.
Individually designed programs to reach your goals both virtually or in person
Whether you would like to increase your strength, overall mobility or coordination, or maybe even learn a new skill, private sessions allow you to focus on your personal goals.
Following a mandatory initial assessment, during which you get to share a little about yourself, the Recreation Therapist will then design the perfect program for you combining fitness and/or recreation activities. The sessions may take place at the client’s residence or in a community setting at the therapist's discretion.
The Recreation Therapist will assist you in reaching your goals by providing the necessary equipment, the tools, tips and support throughout the whole process.
This service includes progress notes/observations after each session as well as a final progress report to share with your health care team and allow you to witness your success!
Where fit and fun come together
Do you sometimes contemplate the idea of getting more active or fit, but just dislike the idea of doing it alone? Semi-private sessions are designed to address common fitness goals , such as strength, balance, pain management as well as offering the benefits of a small group atmosphere.
Current group options include chair yoga, mobility and flexibility, stretch band fitness, meditation, gentle stretching techniques, mindful walking/wheeling, other group requests are always welcome.
You may create your own group (2 to 6 people) or join an existing one. Contact us for more information.
Let the power of the group move you.
Let the enthusiasm of the group be your fuel. Regardless of our age, ability, or experience, we all tend to find strong motivation in a group of like-minded people.
We offer group sessions to allow people to come together and discover the best version of themselves. Group programs include chair yoga, strength and mobility training, meditation, gentle stretching techniques, mindful walking/wheeling and lots of other fun and dynamic activities.
Contact us to find the group program closest to you or start a group program in your living community or neighborhood.
Curiosity is the fuel for discovery, inquiry and learning.
Bloom offers interactive workshops and meet ups throughout the year, to allow participants to discover the realm of recreation opportunities that await, or to simply learn new skills. All of our events are advertised via our website or on our social media pages. This is a great way to meet new people in the community who share the same reality and interests as you. Stay tuned for more information on our upcoming events!
Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure
They say best moments happen when unexpected.
Want to try out one of our programs but need some time to think before you commit? Come join us at one of our monthly meet-up events or ask us about the drop-in options available. We guarantee, you will not be disappointed.
Events and Workshops
- Wed, Apr 13Online Via ZOOMApr 13, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. EDTOnline Via ZOOMApr 13, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. EDTOnline Via ZOOMJoin us through ZOOM for an interactive workshop to inspire families of all ages in the joys of physical activity and exercising together! Lots of great interactive activities, information and tools on how to encourage spontaneous and more structured movement in your daily lives!
- Mon, Feb 28Online Via ZOOMFeb 28, 2022, 7:00 p.m. EST – Mar 01, 2022, 8:30 p.m. ESTOnline Via ZOOM
- Mon, Feb 07Online Via ZOOMFeb 07, 2022, 10:00 a.m. EST – Feb 08, 2022, 12:30 p.m. ESTOnline Via ZOOM
- Multiple DatesTue, Feb 01Online Via ZOOMFeb 01, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. ESTOnline Via ZOOM
- Tue, Feb 01Online Via ZOOMFeb 01, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Online Via ZOOM
- Tue, Jan 25Online Via ZOOMJan 25, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Online Via ZOOM
- Tue, Jan 18Online Via ZOOMJan 18, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – Jan 19, 2022, 8:30 p.m.Online Via ZOOM
- Sat, Nov 20Walter Baker Park - Kanata Rec ComplexNov 20, 2021, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.Walter Baker Park - Kanata Rec Complex, 100 Charlie Rogers Pl, Kanata, ON K2V 1A2, CanadaNov 20, 2021, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.Walter Baker Park - Kanata Rec Complex, 100 Charlie Rogers Pl, Kanata, ON K2V 1A2, CanadaBring your friends and family to join us and celebrate our anniversary and fundraising event to support Dream Catcher Charitable Foundation with a schedule full of fun activities! Snacks, hot beverage, Bloom merchandise for purchase, a raffle & accepting donations for Dream Catcher Foundation
- Mon, Jan 25Online WorkshopJan 25, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Online WorkshopJan 25, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Online WorkshopA wellness plan takes into consideration your mental, physical, spiritual, financial, professional, intellectual and environmental health. When creating a plan for your health, you will need to assess each area of your life to determine what your goals are.
- Mon, Jan 18Online WorkshopJan 18, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Online Workshop
- Mon, Jan 11Online WorkshopJan 11, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Online WorkshopJan 11, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Online WorkshopSetting goals helps form new behaviors and gives focus, direction and momentum to life. Setting (and achieving) goals creates confidence and purpose, feeling proud and accomplished. Join our workshop to lean different methods that help you be successful at setting and achieving your personal goals!
- Tue, Dec 29Virtual WorkshopDec 29, 2020, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Virtual Workshop